Monday, July 11, 2011

Pick of the Week - July 11, 2011

This past Sunday was my husband and I's 1st anniversary!  We had a great mini get-away in Clearwater Beach and came home Sunday night to do the age old tradition of tasting the top layer of our wedding cake.  Friends and family alike warned us to "just have a bite and then have a backup dessert ready to go".  So we did. 

I took our cake out of the freezer on Friday and was a little weary as I took off all the saran wrap the bakery had put on it the night of the wedding.  Because my husband and I were married in Ohio, the cake traveled 15 hours in a car the day after.  I just wasn't sure it was going to be worth thawing out.  I honestly think the way the baker had wrapped the cake saved it because when we took a bite last night, it was actually...still really good!  However, we didn't feel the need to have another piece....



So, in honor of beautiful, delicious wedding cakes and the fabulous bakers who create them I've picked a few of favorite wedding cakes.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment