Monday, May 30, 2011

Pick of the Week - May 30, 2011

I went home during this fabulously long weekend to surprise my dad for his birthday.  My husband and I had a great time with my parents between hitting up the local dog friendly tiki bar and playing a round of golf (note: I didn't say an amazing round of golf...I'm not very good). When we finished golfing my mom realized we didn't have time to bake my father a cake before more family arrived.  Secretly this was perfectly fine with me since I'm not a huge fan of cake anyways.  I'm not really a fan of sweets in general unless it's chocolate.  However, I LOVE ice cream!  Especially once summer rolls around.


Originally my husband and I wanted to have an ice cream cake at our reception but the reception venue assistant had said she'd never had a wedding with an ice cream cake.  We immediately rethought the idea fearing it could be a potentially hazardous mess.  So, we purchased a traditional wedding cake instead.  Later, I found this idea of an ice cream sundae bar and kicked myself for not finding it sooner. Pick your favorite flavors, toppings, and dishes and let your guests design their own dessert!  Talk about dream desserts by design!  Check out the pictures below and let your imagination go wild. 

Happy Planning,

Kristen










No comments:

Post a Comment