Monday, April 25, 2011

Pick of the Week - April 25th, 2011

"Hope for the best but prepare for the worst!"  My father's famous catch phrase for every big event of my lifetime.  He couldn't be more right....expect the unexpected couldn't be truer than on your wedding day!  This video from Yahoo! lists some things that you should carry with you on your big day.  To be honest, the over zealous worrier in me came out and I carried about 3 times as many things and probably only used 2 items (nothing serious...just a straw and some mouthwash!), but you never know what you'll need or when you'll need it!  I strongly recommend an "emergency kit" if you're a bride-to-be!  I've attached a link of the video but also pictures of my own kit and a pretty common list of suggestions.  I purchased most of my kit at Target (the travel section) and Bath and Body Works (mini perfumes and lotions).  You do not need to buy everything on the list.  You know yourself best so some things you may not need.  I ended up tweaking my kit the next day and using it for my honeymoon which was perfect.    I supply a wedding kit for all my brides so no need to worry if you're a Dream Girl!  Happy Planning!





  • Tampons
  • Panty liners
  • Advil & tylenol (some people have asprin allergies)
  • Deodorant
  • Hair spray
  • Baby powder
  • Comb
  • Bobbie pins, rubber bands, hair clips
  • Small pack of tissues
  • Lotion
  • Seam glue, nail glue, super glue
  • Tide to go stick, shout wipes
  • Lip gloss
  • Eye glasses kit
  • Eye drops, contact solution
  • Wet wipes
  • Nail kit (clippers, file, cuticle pusher, etc)
  • Clear nail polish
  • Sewing kit
  • Tweezers
  • Band-aids or Nu Skin
  • Flexible clear first-aid tape
  • Velcro circles or double sided tape
  • Q-tips cotton swaps
  • Safety pins
  • Toothpicks, floss, mouthwash
  • Mini mirror
  • Oil-absorbing matte tissues
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Twist-ties
  • Listerine breath strips, tic-tacs breath mints, gum, altoids
  • Cotton swabs
  • Straws
  • Rubber one-size-fits-all earring backs
  • White chalk (for masking stains on your wedding dress!)
  • Duct Tape
  • Sample sized perfume
  • Krazy glue

No comments:

Post a Comment